FAQ QuestionI’m using a translated version of IGSS, but the names in the lower part of the Objects menu still appear in English. Can I translate those names?
Yes, you can. By default, the Symbols.v12 file is used as the symbol file in a new IGSS configuration. The names of the symbol tables in that file are automatically shown in the lower part of the Objects menu. Initially, these names are in English, but if you want to translate them, this is easily done from the Symbol Editor program as follows:
- Open the Symbol Editor program.
- Open the Symbols.v12 file located in the configuration folder.
- In the Subtable List, select the symbol table whose name you want to change.
- In the symbol pane at the top, right-click and select Properties.
- Click the Table Properties tab and change the Table Name to the one you want.
- Click OK
Repeat steps 3 – 6 for all the symbol tables you want to change.
- Close the Symbol Editor program.
- Open the Definition program.
RESULT: The new names are now shown in the Objects menu.