During supervision the operators on my plant will need to start external programs. Can they do that directly from the Supervise program?
Yes, if you include a shortcut to the external program in the User Programs menu.
IMPORTANT: Please note that the shortcuts included in the User Programs menu are visible both in the Definition and the Supervise programs. Therefore, do not include shortcuts to programs that should only be seen by the system designer.
- Select User Programs > Customize.
- Click the New button.
- Click the Browse button to find the program executable. Example: To launch the WordPad program, enter C:\WINNT\system32\write.exe where the C: drive holds the Windows operating system.
- Click OK.
- In the Menu Text box, type the text you want to appear in the User Programs menu.
- Click OK. The new menu item appears in the Definition program allowing you to test it immediately.
- Select File > Install Configuration and choose the appropriate installation settings.
- Open the IGSS32 Starter program and click the Supervise button. When the operator opens the User Programs menu, the new shortcut to WordPad is visible.