New Graphs and Trends in IGSS
News in IGSS V12 – The Graph Module
Graphs have been completely re-engineered in V12, bringing a modern layout of curves faster on the screen. As data gets received, it is shown on screen, giving the user feedback on the data retrieval process without blocking the view.
Analyze and Optimize
The new Graph system is not just about drawing pretty curves. Using predefined periods they are simple to set up, and we have made it easier to analyze the processes of your plant. You can quickly highlight a signal, and hide other signals. Zooming gives you a birds eye view, so you don’t get lost when deep diving into your data. Also to give a better overview Digital signals are placed just below the Analog signals, if both are present.
To further analyze your processes, you can compare one period against another by using two-time axes. The Operator can move around by dragging the axes or by using a Go to Date method.
To Summarize the News
With the new Graphing module you get:
- All new predefined and dynamic (now operator) graphs.
- Complete re-write of the IGSS graphing module.
- Improved performance
– Faster retrieval of data due to an improved log file format.
– Data is read in the background.
– Smart use of all available historic data.
- Mix different data sources in the same graph
– Access to month, day and hour reductions as well as base (BCL) and log.
– “Auto” data source – smart use of both reduced and logged data.
- Frequent operations are made easy
– Alter period by simply scrolling back and forth.
– Easy predefined periods like “Today”, “1 Week Back” etc.
- More interactive
– Most common end-user actions available in the toolbar.
– Add signals to existing graphs directly from diagrams.
- Predefined graphs are automatically converted to operator graphs.
- Better overview
– Full graph overview while zooming.
– Show individual data points.
– Multiple value axes with the same value range are automatically hidden.
– Digital axes are stacked and only showing used states.
- Full data precision
– No down-sampling of data.
– No graph if the data is not present.
– Never miss another spike.
- New possibilities
– More than 1 operator graph – no more “graph” object.
– Show the title above graph.
– Change legend placement.
– Up to 16 signals in one graph.
– Multiple time axes – compare with another period.