Maintenance Module Enhancements
New option to split maintenance object from indicator object
In IGSS V10 it is possible to split the maintenance object from the indicator object. The maintenance object is the object where the actual maintenance is to be performed (e.g. a motor or a pump). The indicator object is the object where maintenance is to be tracked /registered (e.g. an hour counter). By default, the maintenance object is the same as the indicator object, but it is now possible to specify an alternate indicator object.
(img New option to split maintenance object from indicator object)
New option to link 2 maintenance jobs
In case a piece of equipment needs periodic maintenance every specified number of hours of operation or after a specified number of start/stop operations, it is now possible to link the 2 maintenance jobs so that completing one will automatically complete the other as well assuming that the type of maintenance to perform in either case is the same.
(img New option to split maintenance object from indicator object 2)
Define when a maintenance job is pending
When creating a report of due maintenance jobs it is now possible to include jobs that will probably be due in the near future as well by specifying the –soon parameter. By default, the threshold for when a job is soon to be due is 95 percent, but this may be changed.
Printing of jobs may be triggered by command line
A report of maintenance jobs may be printed directly from the command line by specifying the following parameters to the maintenance module:
- -active (Only the active maintenance jobs are processed)
- -descriptions (Full job descriptions are included in the list of maintenance jobs)
- -notes (Job notes are included in the list of maintenance jobs)
- -area (Only process jobs that affect objects created in the specified area)
- -soon (Only include the active jobs that are considered to be nearly due)
Improved maintenance job note log
New job notes are registered and displayed with date and time. Historical job notes can still be edited.
(img New option to split maintenance object from indicator object 3)
Mandatory note when a job is completed
When a maintenance job is completed, the operator is required to fill out a job note.
Basic/advanced form display
The maintenance form display now has two modes: basic and advanced. By default, the advanced mode is used, but this can be changed by a system setting.
- Acknowledge and Complete Maintenance jobs
- Read/open job information, files, or notes
- Print maintenance job report
- Find in Supervise
Advanced mode (default):
- As Basic plus…
- Create, edit and delete maintenance jobs
- Create, edit and delete filters
- Edit columns and sort order in Maintenance form
- Create and edit maintenance job notes
New maintenance job may be created directly from an object in Supervise
A new maintenance job may be created by the operator directly from the Supervise module by right-clicking an object and selecting “New Maintenance Job…”. This will active the Maintenance module and pre-selects the object.
(img New option to split maintenance object from indicator object 4)