IGSS V9 & V10 on Windows 8.1 and Server 2012 R2
Question: Can IGSS V9 and V10 run on Windows 8.1 and Server 2012 R2?
Answer: IGSS9 -10 is able to run on Window 8.1 and 2012 R2 but not out of the box.
You need to do 3 things: (maybe only the first)
- Download new hardlock installation file haspdinst_IGSS.zip unzip the file and run it in CMD type the following command: haspdinst_IGSS.exe -i
- Update your IGSS installation
- Configure your IGSS hardlock driver
Update your IGSS 9 installation
You will be prompted to update your IGSS 9 immediately after the IGSS 9 installation has completed but you can also manually update IGSS later.
To manually update IGSS 9
In the IGSS Master, click Information and Support tab > Update IGSS Software button to open the IGSS Update form.
If the Update IGSS Software button is not accessible, you must open the IGSS Master in Design mode (In the IGSS Master, click Application button > Design mode)
IGSS will be shut down when updating. It is not possible to update IGSS while core applications are running.
No internet access
If you cannot access the internet due to network security policies, go to IGSS.com and download the IGSS update package as a .zip file from a machine that is able to access the internet.
To update your IGSS installation:
- Exit the IGSS program.
- Unpack the contents of the .zip file.
- Copy the contents into the GSS folder of your IGSS installation, overwriting the existing files and folders.
- Re-start the IGSS program.
Configure your IGSS hardlock driver
Your IGSS Hardlock driver must be correctly configured to work with Windows 8.
- On the IGSS Server in the Windows 8 metro interface, press the Windows + X key to open a Start menu and select Command Prompt.
- In the Command prompt window, navigate to the GSS folder of the IGSS installation using the DIR command.
- In the GSS folder, type the following command: haspdinst_IGSS.exe -install -fi –nomaxosver