Driver Setup settings lost in IGSS32 v3 update 2
Why do I lose all or some of my Driver Setup settings for my configuration after installing update 2 (build 1058)?
The problem occurs in two situations:
- I created a new configuration either in the original release of v3 or in v3 update01.
- Immediately after the original release of version 3, I converted my old version 2 configuration to the new version 3 configuration format. Later on, I installed the update 2 (build 1058) software but now when I go into Driver Setup, all or some of my settings have disappeared.
The Driver Setup settings have been deleted in the configuration due to a change in the configuration database in update 2 (build 1058).
Therefore, the backup configuration database, myconfiguration.mdb, in the [Install path]\7TBACKUP sub-folder must be used. Do the following:
- Open the database in Access 2000.
- Open the table called "RegSettings" in Design mode. Find under "Field Name" the variable called "Value" and make sure its "Data Type" is "Memo" (and not Text).
- Make sure that the property "Required" is set to "No" and "Allow zero length" is set to "Yes".
- Open the table called "VersionInfo" in view mode and change the "Revision" number from 9 to 10.
- Close the database and copy it to the configuration folder, thus overwriting the current database.
- Open the Driver Setup program. Now it should be possible to view the correct Driver Setup settings for the configuration.